IAU started a Series of Publication, one for each of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
In 2019, IAU launched a publication series on Higher Education's engagement for the SDGs, in collaboration with the IAU HESD Cluster.
The first one on SDG 13 (Climate Action) was released in July 2019, followed by a publication on SDG 5 (Gender Equality) published on the occasion of International Women’s Day in March 2021. In November 2021, a special collection of papers on Higher Education and SDG 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions) resulting from a paper competition for young scholars with UNODC/E4J was released. Also in 2021, the work on a publication for SDG 14 (Life below water) with the University of Bergen was completed. More publications are currently in planning.
Furthermore, the IAU Horizons Magazine offers insights to good practices and short essays from university leaders and experts biannually on different topics. For instance, the In Focus section of IAU Horizons on Leadership for a Sustainable Future – Higher Education and Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, includes contributions from HE leaders from 25 countries worldwide.
Many other IAU publications can be found here, and articles in renowned journals as well as IAU in the press here.
IAU Publications on SDGs
- Leadership for a Sustainable Future – Higher Education and Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, 32 experts worldwide share their views in IAU Horizons, 2021
- Higher Education and SDG 14: Integrating Ocean Research for the Global Goals, 2021
- IAU-UNODC Young Scholars Competition: Higher Education engages with SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, 2021
- Higher Education and SDG 5: Achieve Gender Equality and Empower All Women and Girls, 2021
- Higher Education & SDG 13: Climate Action Through University Teaching, Research and Community Engagement, 2019
- Higher Education Paving the Way to Sustainable Development: A Global perspective, 2017
- The Role of Higher Education in the Post-2015 Development Agenda, 18 experts worldwide shared their views in IAU Horizons, 2014
- The Contribution of Higher Education to Sustainable Development, 26 experts worldwide shared their views in IAU Horizons, 2012