At the start of 2021, the SDG 8 Initiative introduced thematic reviews and discussion papers on the targets of Sustainable Development Goal 8 (SDG 8).
Organized by Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg, a series of three virtual workshops took pace in June, where the thematic groups presented drafts of their SDG 8 discussion papers, and suggested areas that are relevant for the implementation of each target. There has been time for discussion and questions, involving all interested researchers at University of Gothenburg, Chalmers and the associated "satellite" universities in Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda and Vietnam.
The workshops took place on the 8th, 17th and the 22nd of June.
Programme of the webinar series:
8 June 14.00-16.00
- Sustainable economic growth (target 8.1) Ola Olsson, Professor in Economics
- Resource efficiency (target 8.4) Thomas Sterner, Professor in Environmental Economics
17 June 13.00-16.00
- Job creation and growing enterprises (target 8.3) Stefan Tengblad, professor in human resource management
- Decent, equal work and pay (target 8.5) Mattias Bengtsson, associate professor in sociology and work science
- Safe work environments (target 8.8) Lotta Dellve, professor in work science, Helena Stensöta, professor political science, Anna-Carin Olin, professor in occupational medicine, Helena Sanden, associate professor in occupational and environmental medicine
22 June 13.00-16.00
- Innovation (target 8.2) Rick Middel, senior lecturer in innovation and entrepreneurship
- No child labour (target 8.7) Heather Congdon Ford, senior lecturer in economics
- Sustainable tourism (target 8.9) Chiara Rinaldi, researcher Gothenburg Research Institute, Centre for Tourism