The philosophy of the Public Health Department derives from the health perspectives of biblical Christianity. Humankind are whole beings with physical, emotional, social, ecological, and spiritual dimensions, and are created and redeemed as whole persons. While scientific inquiry is embraced as a contemporary and effective tool to achieve whole person's health, the Public Health Department considers that health, disease, and healing dynamics are determined to a large extent by adherence or non-adherence to God's moral ad natural laws. Redemption by Jesus Christ brings healing and transformation of lifestyles for longer and higher quality of life.
Develop leaders to serve and transform society through evidence-based health promotion and Bible-based lifestyle principles.
An internationally recognized model for Christian public health graduate education.
The MPH graduate
1. Addresses ecological determinants of health
2. Involves a network of multi-sectors in health promotion
3. Develops appropriate community based health improvement programs
4. Addresses health issues throughout the life cycle
5. Works together with the community in assessing, planning, developing, and evaluating health promotion interventions
6. Applies theories and models in lifestyle improvement of behavior change in health interventions
7. Prepares community for environmental emergencies