The group aims to develop research in the area of environmental engineering, promoting environmental culture towards sustainable development. Its areas of research are: environmental pollution and environmental management.
Principal researches completed:
1. Effect of conductivity on the efficiency of removal of organic matter in the electrocoagulation of wastewater from the dairy industry.
2. Photofenton photodegradation of Mertect pesticide using solar collector.
3. Management model to use the biosolids of the San Fernando plant for non-agricultural purposes.
4. Electro-oxidation of coloured wastewater.
5. Critical natural capital (CNC) in agroecosystems for cattle ranching, an approximation based on the function of water supply in dairy farms in the northern highlands of Antioquia.
6. Interaction of ferric chloride and titanium dioxide with hydrogen peroxide in the treatment of liquid waste from the textile industry, using artificial light through a factorial model.